2015 Aviation Academy Afternoon Class
Corporate Giving @ CCBC
Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program
The CCBC Foundation is an approved Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) in Pennsylvania's Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program. This program provides companies with a direct tax credit of up to 90 percent for a two year commitment toward the amount a business owes in state taxes. The program leaves companies with a much smaller state tax bill while providing educational resources and programming to students in our region.
The College's EIO approved “innovative educational programs” under are High School Academy (dual enrollment) and College in High School programs.
Learn how your business can take advantage of the EITC program, control the designation of your tax dollars, and make a lasting impact all at the same time.
Dual Enrollment is an opportunity for high school students to take college courses while they are still in high school. Dual enrollment allows students to earn both high school and college credit for successfully completing college courses. Students may take classes on campus, through e-learning, or onsite at selected high school.
High School Academies
The CCBC High School Academy program is nationally distinct and allows high school students in ninth through 12 grades to spend part of their academic day on the CCBC campus in dual enrollment programs that provide opportunities to earn college credits in hands-on, active learning environments focused around high demand career fields.
Public Safety, Corrections and Security
College in High School
Through partnerships with participating districts, students have the opportunity to earn college credit at their high school during your regular school day. Special college courses are taught by their own teachers, in their own classrooms, and all at a fraction of the cost allowing the students to experience college-level work and earn credits toward a degree before even graduating from high school.
Become a Part
Tax credits may be applied against the tax liability of a business for the tax year in which the contribution was made.
An approved company must provide proof to DCED within 90 days of the notification letter that the contribution was made within 60 days of the notification letter; Tax credits not used in the tax year the contribution was made may not be carried forward or carried back and is not refundable or transferable.
Companies receive a 75% tax credit for a one year commitment and a 90% tax credit for making a two year commitment. Companies then owe state taxes of either 25% or 10%.
Businesses authorized to do business in Pennsylvania who are subject to one or more of the following taxes: Corporate Net Income Tax; Capital Stock Franchise Tax, Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax; Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax; Insurance Premiums Tax; Mutual Thrift Institution Tax; or Personal Income Tax of S corporation shareholders or Partnership partners.
How to Apply
Participation is quick and easy:
- Company registers online and submits the Single Application for Assistance form found on the www.newpa.com website. If interested in supporting the CCBC Foundation as an Improvement Organization (EIO), the company notes this under the EITC Program Commitment Selections portion of the electronic form.
- Company receives approval from DCED and has 60 days to make their donation to the CCBC Foundation. CCBC will provide an official receipt to the company within a week of receiving the contribution.
- Within 90 days the company submits the proof of contribution receipt letter from the CCBC Foundation to the DCED to show it has fulfilled the commitment.
Applications for FY16/17 EIO funding may be submitted on July 1, 2016. Due to the popularity of this program interested businesses are encouraged to submit their applications on July 1.
Where to Apply
DCED Center for Business Financing, Tax Credit Division, 4th Floor, Commonwealth Keystone Building
400 North Street
Harrisburg, PA 17120
- For specific information on how this program can benefit your business please contact your accountant and/or financial advisor.
- To learn more about CCBC’s EIO programs please contact Leslie Tennant, Executive Director of Marketing, Community Relations, and Advancement at 724-480-3552 or email@example.com