LPN to RN Advanced Placement Requirements
Requirements for applicants who are Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) seeking advanced placement into CCBC’s RN program:
Apply to CCBC and follow the Admissions process. http://www.ccbc.edu/AdmissionsProcess
If questions call 724-480-3504.
Have all transcripts from previous Colleges and High School sent to:
Community College of Beaver County/Admissions
1 Campus Drive
Monaca, PA 15061
Schedule an Admissions interview by calling 724-480-3504
- Provide your Admissions Representative with a copy of your current LPN License on the date of your scheduled interview.
Once all transcripts and your current LPN license are on file with admissions, you are required to schedule an appointment with counseling by calling 724-480-3421.
- Counseling will review your course work.
- Counseling will assist with questions about scheduling of classes (if needed) for the spring semester.
If accepted, students must take NURS 200. This is two credit course and must be paid for at the time of registration. For questions about financial aid contact 724-480-3501.
- You must meet with counseling by the end of October of the testing year to register for the pre-entrance Exam.
- Counseling will compile a list to provide to our Nursing Committee to schedule you for the pre-entrance Exam.
The applicant must complete the following four courses, or their equivalent, with a grade of “C” or greater prior to being considered for admission: These classes must be completed by the end of the fall term in which you are applying to the LPN to RN program:
- BIOL201 Human Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIOL202 Human Anatomy & Physiology II
- PSYC101 General Psychology I
- PSYC106 Human Growth and Development
The remaining three courses must be completed with a grade of “C” or greater prior to beginning the fall ADN semester. Note: If you already completed the course/s the grade must be a "C" or greater.
- BIOL215 Microbiology
- CIST100 Introduction to Information Technology
- WRIT101 English Composition I
In addition, you will be required to complete these two classes: Note: If you already completed the course/s the grade must be a "C" or greater.
- LITR210 Concepts of Literature /with NURS IV or before
- SOCI101 Principles of Sociology/with NURS V or before
October/early November: Receive information to come in and test for CCBC’s LPN to RN program.
November: Take the Practical Nursing to ADN Bridge Program Pre-entrance Exam. The cost for the exam is $25.00. A minimum score of 74% is required to be considered. Placement into the Nursing III ADN course is on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. This is a medical-surgical nursing exam (similar to the PN NCLEX exam).
January: Notification of Acceptance
Once accepted the following must be completed:
- Register for NURS 200- in January. This is a two credit course and must be paid for at the time of registration. For questions about financial aid contact 724-480-3501.
- NURS 200 - Nursing Enrichment course will be conducted during the last 6 weeks of the Spring semester. Students must complete the course with a grade of a "C" or better
- Score of 100% on the drug calculation proficiency exam (taken during the NURS200 course)
Nursing III ADN begins in May:
CPR Certification, Physical Exam, Evidence of Immunizations, PA Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
The ADN program is accredited by:
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
Phone: (404) 975-5000
Fax: (404) 975-5020
Note: Placement into Nursing III ADN will be on a SPACE AVAILABLE BASIS. The previously listed requirements are minimum criteria. Applicants who meet minimum criteria will be considered for admission into the program. However, meeting minimal criteria does not guarantee admission into the program. Available spaces will be divided equally between re-admission applicants and LPN advanced placement applicants.
* This information is subject to change - please contact Admissions and Registration for program details *