1.02.001.001 - Student Representative to the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees welcomes the inclusion of a Student Representative to serve as a non-voting liaison to the Board of Trustees and President. The Student Representative represents students’ interests at Board and Committee meetings.
The President of the College shall select one student to serve for a one year term commencing May 1 of each academic year. The President shall establish an application process and make this information available to all students during the spring semester of each academic year. A student may only serve one term of office.
The Student Representative must be in good academic standing, maintain a 3.0 GPA, and be registered for a minimum of 12 credits for the entirety of the term of office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend regular and committee meetings of the Board of Trustees as well as retreats, planning sessions, and training events
- As requested, represent the college at local, state, or national advocacy and professional development events
- Receive the board packet and other information being provided to the board in advance of the meeting
- Sit with the Board of Trustees and participate in all discussions
Student Representatives may not:
- Make motions or vote on procedural or substantive matters
- Be considered as a member for purposes of establishing a quorum
- Attend or participate in Executive Sessions
Removal from Office
The Student Representative shall be removed from office for the following:
- She/he is no longer a CCBC student;
- She/he fails to maintain good academic standing and full-time status;
- She/he misses three consecutive Board of Trustee meetings;
- She/he fails to conduct her/himself in a manner appropriate to the roles and responsibilities of the Student Representative
If a Student Representative resigns or is removed from office, the President shall select another student to serve for the remainder of the term.