Safety and Security
The College wants students, faculty staff to feel secure and safe at all times while on campus. CCBC provides state-of-the-art emergency phones in all the classrooms throughout the school. Each parking lot is also equipped with bright red emergency phones with a blue light for easy identification. The Security Office is located at the main entrance of the Student Services Center, in room 1102D. Security officers on duty during regular campus operational hours are CPR, AED and First Aid certified. The Security department is prepared to handle emergencies, and they are equipped with radio and telephone communications at all times.
Emergency Contact Information
In case of an emergancy the first number you should call is 911.
To call 911:
- Dial 911 from your cell phone.
- Press the black button on the emergency phones identified with the blue light located across campus and dial 911.
- Press the black button on the emergency phones installed in each classroom and dial 911.
To immediately reach Security:
- Dial 724-480-3555 from your cell phone.
- Press the red button on the emergency phones identified with the blue light located across campus.
- Press the red button on the emergency phones installed in each classroom.
In the event of an all-campus alert, emergency alerts will be sent via our RAVE emergency alert system, messages on CCBC social media sites, and a red banner will appear on the website. All security services are linked directly to the Beaver County Emergency Management System.
Each student receives a college email and is automatically enrolled in the system. Students and loved ones can also receive emergency notifications via personal email or as a text or voice message sent via cell phones. There is no cost to subscribe to RAVE alerts. The recipient’s cell phone provider may charge data and messaging fees. Follow these three simple steps to add your personal email, phone number, or smart device to your account:
- Login to MyCCBC (https://my.ccbc.edu/ics).
- Go to the Students/Employees Tabs. Look for the link on the left labeled “RAVE Emergency Alerts”.
- Follow the directions to add additional email addresses and phone numbers to receive text alerts.
Report a Crime
If you would like to report a crime, please call 724-480-3555 or visit the Office of Safety and Security. The details of your report will not be made public. Your name will not be released. It is not required for the report, but it will help ensure all necessary steps are taken to assist you.
Consider reporting information about the following:
- a crime or violation that has occurred on campus
- evidence of suspicious activity on campus
- individuals on campus who appear to be a danger to themselves or to others
Annual Security Report
Click Here to view our Annual Security Report. This Security Information Report is required by the College and the University Security Information Act of Pennsylvania and the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" of the Federal Government. The PDF is available by clicking the link above. Hard copies are available at the Office of Safety and Security, Student Life, and other campus locations.
CCBC is proud to comply with the Timothy J. Piazza Antihazing Law, Senate Bill 1090, which strengthens penalties for hazing and ensures that schools have safeguards to protect students. In accordance with the law, CCBC provides the policy to every group on campus information by publishing our policy in the annual security report and by posting it on the college website. The College’s Security Office shall maintain a record of all violations and beginning in 2018-2019, issue a report of all violations, update the report twice a year, and post the report on the college website. View Report